We are so excited to have you come and spend an unforgettable week with us this summer! Hopefully you have filled out a Registration Card and turned it in to your stake leader. You should also have the “About Oakcrest – Information for Campers and Parents” document, a map to the central busing location, and a Packing List. If not, you can print these documents from the website. If you are in one of our 100+ participating stakes, your assigned week will be listed on the 2019 Oakcrest Schedule.
Oakcrest 2019 Theme:
Did you know?
- All campers going to Oakcrest each week depart from the same Central Busing Location at the same time. Make sure you arrive before 8:00 a.m. because the traffic is as heavy as the excitement in the air. Once there, you will need to check in with your stake leader so she can give you your luggage marking tape and your bus ticket.
- You can register for Oakcrest even if you are not in one of our 100+ participating stakes. See information under the Campers tab for available dates and Open Enrollment instructions.
- If your medical information has changed since registration, you will need to fill out a New Medical Information Form and give it to your stake leader by the Monday morning of camp or bring it with you to busing. Please do not submit these forms via email.
- Many items are lost each week at Oakcrest. Please mark your items and keep them organized at camp. You can always Contact Us to see if we have your lost item.
- You can purchase Oakcrest souvenirs, candy, snacks and drinks at the little camp store called the Trading Post. For a list of items for sale and their prices see the Trading Post Price List. Campers are welcome to bring snacks to Oakcrest. Please label them and your counselor will keep them in a sealed bin in your cabin to discourage “critters”. Campers will not go to the trading post every day.
- You can see videos and slideshows of past campers talking about Oakcrest under the Videos tab above. You will need a recent version of Quicktime to view the videos.
- You can only go to Oakcrest once during the summer following your 7th grade school year, so make the most of it while you are there!
- If you did not get your registration material turned in with our general registration in March, it may not be too late. You have up until two weeks before camp to register for your assigned week, but only if there are spots available. Contact your stake leader to see if you can be a “replacement” for a previously registered camper or check the Open Enrollment page for openings.
What Campers said about Oakcrest
I liked being able to connect with other campers over the campfire.
You could feel the holiness of the whole place, and you know that God is there.
I want the chefs to stay at my house to cook for me.
My testimony has been strengthened so much more than I ever thought it could!
I have learned that I am a daughter of God and He loves me.
I now feel closer to Heavenly Father and feel like I can rely on Him more.
I want to be a counselor when I grow up.
I loved it. It was so much fun. I do not even want to leave.
Best camp I’ve ever been to.
I didn’t think camp food could be so good!
I loved the trek activity and the many spiritual moments.
There was always something to do.
The spirit was with us the whole time. I could feel it really well.
I have been uplifted and felt appreciated, and the unit prayers strengthened my testimony.
Before I came to Oakcrest, I sometimes felt like God loved me but didn’t know me. Now I know He knows me inside and out.
I didn’t know what a testimony was before, and now I have one.