We are delighted that you are interested in applying for a position at Oakcrest. We hire a staff of 50 employees each summer. The following positions are available:
Please visit the Job Descriptions and Requirements page for more information on each of these positions.
We ask that you check your summer calendar carefully and speak with your parents about your plan to work at Oakcrest. All training meetings are mandatory, as is daily attendance at camp for all 11 weeks. This means sacrificing family vacation time and other summer activities. Exceptions are made only for sibling weddings and missions and funerals for family members. If you cannot fully commit to the time commitment required, we cannot consider your application. KD’s whose last week of school conflicts with pre-camp week (May 29-June 2) should still apply.
All Employees Must:
- Be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Be worthy to hold a temple recommend when applying for a job at Oakcrest and continue to hold a temple recommend throughout the summer.
- Be a high school graduate (with the exception of Kitchen Duty Specialist who must be at least 16).
- Be willing to work hard and be self-motivated.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Be in good health and able to function on lower amounts of sleep.
- Be able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Be able to attend the mandatory staff trainings (March 25, April 29, May 13), pre-camp week (May 29-June 2), and the entire 9 weeks of camp (June 5-August 12). Oakcrest will be closed the week of July 2 – July 8.
- Make a commitment for the entire summer to work at Oakcrest.
- Be able to work and live at Oakcrest Monday morning through Friday afternoon.
- Have a place to stay on the weekends within a reasonable travel distance from the Salt Lake Valley.
- Have transportation to and from camp (near Kamas, Utah) or to various car pool meeting spots in the Salt Lake Valley.
- Comply with the guidelines given in the “Employee Handbook”.
- Pass a background check.
For requirements specific to each position, please visit our Job Description and Requirements page.
Please visit our Staff Application page for complete details on filling out the online application.
In order to be considered for 2023 employment, completed applications and reference letters MUST be received by the following dates:
- Director: October 23, 2022
- Assistant Director: October 23, 2022
- Head Cook: October 23, 2022
- Counselors & Counselor/Specialists: Accepting applications until positions are filled
- Assistant Cooks & Kitchen Duty Specialists (KD’s): Accepting applications until positions are filled
After your completed application is reviewed, you may be contacted for an interview. Members of the Oakcrest Directorship and Oakcrest Women’s Committee conduct the interviews. They will spend some time getting to know you and asking questions about your application and essay.
- Director: November 4, 2022
- Assistant Director: November 12, 2022
- Head Cook: November 12, 2022
- Counselors, Specialists and Assistant Cooks: January 27 & 28, 2023
- Counselors, Specialists and Kitchen Duty (KD’s): February 3 & 4, 2023
Note: These dates are tentative and are subject to change.