We are delighted that you are interested in applying for a position at Oakcrest. We hire a staff of 50 employees each summer. The following positions are available:
- Assistant Director
- Head Cook
- Assistant Cook
- Craft Specialist/Counselor
- First Aid Specialist/Counselor
- Range Master/Counselor
- Service & Indexing Specialist/Counselor (New for 2019)
- Kitchen Duty Specialist
Please visit the Job Descriptions and Requirements page for more information on each of these positions.Job Description
We ask that you check your summer calendar carefully and speak with your parents about your plan to work at Oakcrest. All training meetings are mandatory, as is daily attendance at camp for all 11 weeks. This means sacrificing family vacation time and other summer activities. Exceptions are made only for sibling weddings and missions and funerals for family members. If you cannot fully commit to the time commitment required, we cannot consider your application.
All Employees Must:
- Be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Be worthy to hold a temple recommend when applying for a job at Oakcrest and continue to hold a temple recommend throughout the summer.
- Be a high school graduate (with the exception of Kitchen Duty Specialist who must be at least 16).
- Be willing to work hard and be self-motivated.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Be in good health.
- Be able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Be able to attend the mandatory staff trainings (March 30, May 11), pre-camp week (June 2-7), and the entire 10 weeks of camp (June 9-August 17).
- Make a commitment for the entire summer to work at Oakcrest.
- Be able to work and live at Oakcrest Monday morning through Friday afternoon.
- Have a place to stay on the weekends within a reasonable travel distance from the Salt Lake Valley.
- Have transportation to and from camp (near Kamas, Utah) or to various car pool meeting spots in the Salt Lake Valley.
- All employees must comply with the guidelines given in the “Employee Handbook”.
- Pass a background check.
For requirements specific to each position, please visit our Job Description and Requirements page.Job Description
Please visit our Staff Application page for complete details on filling out the online application.Online Application
In order to be considered for 2019 employment, completed applications and reference letters MUST be received by the following dates:
- Director: Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Assistant Director and Head Cook: Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Counselors and Counselor/Specialists: Sunday, January 6, 2019
- Assistant Cooks and Kitchen Duty Specialists (KD’s): Sunday, January 6, 2019
All applications and reference letters should be mailed or delivered to:
Oakcrest Women’s Committee, c/o Julie Oldham, 1078 Trimble Creek Drive, West Jordan, UT 84088.
Forms can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your completed application is reviewed, you may be contacted for an interview. Members of the Oakcrest Directorship and Oakcrest Women’s Committee conduct the interviews. They will spend some time getting to know you and asking questions about your application and essay.
- Director: Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Assistant Director and Head Cook: Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Counselors, Specialists and Assistant Cooks: Saturday January 19, 2019
- Counselors, Specialists and Kitchen Duty (KD’s): Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Counselors, Specialists and Kitchen Duty (KD’s): Saturday, February 2, 2019
Note: These dates are tentative and are subject to change.
“I have loved teaching the Gospel, getting to know the staff, the campers, and most of all coming close to Christ.”
“The organization of this camp is beyond comparison. I also love the atmosphere of the Spirit, love, and respect.”
“I loved being able to testify every day.”
“I loved that all of us are working toward the same goal.”
“I love the spirit that is up here.”
“I’ve loved teaching the gospel. My testimony grew so much stonger. My self-confidence has grown and I have so many new friends.”
“I had so much fun I always forgot I was getting paid.”
“I loved everything about this summer – especially the girls!”
“I have loved having so many opportunities to teach the Gospel and testify.”
“It is an amazing camp and its impact can be life-changing.”
“The happiest I’ve ever been.”
“My weaknesses were brought out, but I also learned tht the Lord will make up for my shortcomings.”
“I was able to be myself, to have fun, & teach the gospel.”
“I made over 50 new BFF’s.”
“I have been stretched and have grown closer to my Savior.”
“How many jobs allow you to dress as buddy the elf, play all day, but also have a lasting impact on lives by bringing them closer to the Savior?”
“I love the girls and the relationships and bonds that are formed.”
“I got to work with the most amazing people in the world while having fun, feeling the Spirit, and strengthening my testimony.”
“It is always a happy atmosphere.”
“Though it was busy, it was never a stressful work environment and it always felt fun.”
“Any other summer job would not have provided me the same opportunities to grow and to be surrounded by people who share my standards.”
“I love the unity of the staff and the love we share.”
“I have loved being a big sister to so many girls, being able to share my testimony with them, and also strengthen my testimony.”
“I love feeling not only the spiritual growth of the girls, but me as well.”
“I loved witnessing my girls and myself grow.”
“The food is too good!”
“I have truly learned to depend upon Him for anything, at any time, for anything and everything.”
“I feel like I’ve thrived and flourished in every way.”
“Oakcrest has changed my entire life. I love this place with my whole heart.”
“The people are amazing; the experiences are priceless.”