We are delighted that you are interested in applying for a position at Oakcrest. We hire a staff of 50 employees each summer. The following positions are available:
- Assistant Director
- Head Cook
- Assistant Cook
- Craft Specialist/Counselor
- First Aid Specialist/Counselor
- Range Master/Counselor
- Service & Indexing Specialist/Counselor
- Kitchen Duty Specialist
Please visit the Job Descriptions and Requirements page for more information on each of these positions.Job Description
We ask that you check your summer calendar carefully and speak with your parents about your plan to work at Oakcrest. All training meetings are mandatory, as is daily attendance at camp for all 11 weeks. This means sacrificing family vacation time and other summer activities. Exceptions are made only for sibling weddings and missions and funerals for family members. If you cannot fully commit to the time commitment required, we cannot consider your application.
All Employees Must:
- Be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Be worthy to hold a temple recommend when applying for a job at Oakcrest and continue to hold a temple recommend throughout the summer.
- Be a high school graduate (with the exception of Kitchen Duty Specialist who must be at least 16).
- Be willing to work hard and be self-motivated.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Be in good health and able to function of lower amounts of sleep.
- Be able to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Be able to attend the mandatory staff trainings (March 28, May 9), pre-camp week (June 1-5), and the entire 10 weeks of camp (June 8-August 15).
- Make a commitment for the entire summer to work at Oakcrest.
- Be able to work and live at Oakcrest Monday morning through Friday afternoon.
- Have a place to stay on the weekends within a reasonable travel distance from the Salt Lake Valley.
- Have transportation to and from camp (near Kamas, Utah) or to various car pool meeting spots in the Salt Lake Valley.
- All employees must comply with the guidelines given in the “Employee Handbook”.
- Pass a background check.
For requirements specific to each position, please visit our Job Description and Requirements page.Job Description
Please visit our Staff Application page for complete details on filling out the online application.Online Application
In order to be considered for 2020 employment, completed applications and reference letters MUST be received by the following dates:
- Director: Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Assistant Director and Head Cook: Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Counselors and Counselor/Specialists: Sunday, January 12, 2020
- Assistant Cooks and Kitchen Duty Specialists (KD’s): Sunday, January 12, 2020
All applications and reference letters should be mailed or delivered to:
Oakcrest Women’s Committee, c/o Julie Oldham, 1078 Trimble Creek Drive, West Jordan, UT 84088.
Forms can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your completed application is reviewed, you may be contacted for an interview. Members of the Oakcrest Directorship and Oakcrest Women’s Committee conduct the interviews. They will spend some time getting to know you and asking questions about your application and essay.
- Director: Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Assistant Director and Head Cook: Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Counselors, Specialists and Assistant Cooks: Saturday January 25, 2020
- Counselors, Specialists and Kitchen Duty (KD’s): Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Counselors, Specialists and Kitchen Duty (KD’s): Saturday, February 8, 2020
Note: These dates are tentative and are subject to change.[rotatingtext group=”1″]