Announcement Regarding Oakcrest 2021
After prayerful consideration, the Oakcrest Women’s and Priesthood Committees have made the following decision regarding Oakcrest 2021:
Girls from Oakcrest participating stakes who were eligible to attend Oakcrest in 2020 will be allowed to sign up during our open enrollment period beginning April 1, 2021. During our open enrollment period, we will only be accepting registrations from girls in our participating stakes who will be finishing the 8th grade in 2021. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until we reach capacity. As in the past, participating stakes will register 7th grade girls who live within their boundaries on Registration Day in March, 2021. In 2021, we will not be accepting any open enrollment registrations from girls who live outside of participating stake boundaries. Open enrollment will resume as normal in 2022.
Oakcrest 2021 Instructions
For Oakcrest 2021, open enrollment will only be available to 8th grade girls from Oakcrest participating stakes. Because of COVID-19, Oakcrest Girls Camp was closed in 2020. As a result, we are allowing girls from Oakcrest participating stakes who were eligible to go in 2020 to register for open enrollment on a first come, first-served basis beginning April 1, 2021. Girls completing 8th grade in 2021 are eligible. Home-schooled young women must have birthdates between September 1, 2006 and August 31, 2007 to be eligible. The table below will reflect all available openings for each week of camp after participating stakes have registered their 7th grade campers in March, 2021. Space is limited. If your registration and payment is received after camp reaches capacity, your payment will be refunded.
PLEASE NOTE: Young women can only attend Oakcrest once. If a camper registers twice and comes to camp after having attended a previous week, her parent/guardian will be called and asked to come pick her up from Oakcrest.
Open Enrollment Openings
Open Enrollment Eligibility for 2021:
- Open enrollment 2021 is for young women from Oakcrest participating stakes who have completed the 8th grade. Home-schooled girls can use birthdates to determine eligibility (between September 1, 2006 and August 31, 2007).
- Each young woman may only attend once during the summer.
- Oakcrest is a girls camp owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and doctrines of The Church will be taught. Young women of other faiths are invited and welcome to attend.
Open Enrollment Procedures:
- Check the table above for availability the week you want to attend.
- Download both pages of the registration form. Camper Registration Form PDF Camper Registration Form PDF Page 2
- Buddies of campers with special needs should download both pages of the Buddy Registration form as necessary for those who will need to come to camp with a 16 to 18-year-old buddy. Buddy Registration Form PDF Buddy Registration Form PDF Page 2
If your daughter will be bringing an epipen, please download and fill out the Oakcrest Epipen Form.
Print the Registration Form, then complete all portions of the registration form (2 pages) with dark pen. Please print clearly.
- Obtain all 3 required signatures (Camper Signature, Parent Signature, and Bishop’s Signature).
- Obtain a cashier’s check, money order, or stake/ward check for the registration fee made out to Oakcrest Girls Camp. We do not accept personal checks or electronic funds transfers. Oakcrest does not provide refunds unless camp has reached capacity when we receive your registration.
- The fee for a young woman from a participating stake area is $125.00. (For a list of participating stakes see the Oakcrest Schedule.)
- Mail completed and signed registration form and fee payment to the appropriate address below. Forms and payment must be received by the following deadlines:
All registration changes must be made no later than two weeks before the week of camp. Campers may not switch weeks or change roommates after this time. After your registration form and money is received, you will be sent a confirmation email which secures your spot at Oakcrest Camp. (Please check your junk email as sometimes emails from Oakcrest Camp end up there!)
Use the Packing List when preparing for camp.
Mail forms and payments to:
Weeks 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9:
Andrea Nelson, 5064 South Clover View Drive, Murray, UT 84123
Weeks 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10:
Paula Glassett, 545 East 12000 South, Draper, UT 84020