Download Printable PDF
A FEW MONTHS BEFORE OAKCREST:
- Plan and hold your stake kickoff meeting in January or February.
- Suggest to wards that Oakcrest be announced and promoted in New Beginnings.
- Schedule a deadline for all wards to have their checks and forms to you. (Hint: Make the deadline at least 14 days before the actual registration day.)
- Download and complete the Stake Registration List using the information gathered from the registration cards. Everything from the Food Concerns, Health Concerns, and OTC Medication Permission sections of the registration card needs to be entered on this form for each camper. If there are no medical or dietary concerns, please type, “None listed.” If all OTC meds are approved, type “Yes to all OTC meds.” If none are approved, type “No to all OTC meds.” Otherwise, note the approved and non-approved OTC meds. Do not use all caps when filling out this form.
- Email a copy of your finalized Stake Registration List to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take the required registration materials to the Oakcrest Stake Registration Day on Saturday, March 9, at your assigned time, located on the cover of your binder
- Please bring:
- One stake check made out to Oakcrest Girls Camp.
- The flash drive containing the Oakcrest introduction movie.
- Two copies of the alphabetized Stake Registration List.
- All completed registration cards with no more than 2-3 roommates stapled together and bus tickets detached and put in a safe place until busing day, with the exception of the bus tickets for those girls attending with another stake. These need to be turned in at the last table on Registration Day. Double check that each card has all three required signatures. The Laurel Buddy Agreement must be signed and attached to each buddy registration card. Also, parents of girls who have indicated that they will be bringing an epipen to camp must fill out the Oakcrest Epipen Form found in the camper’s registration packet. This form must be attached to the registration card.
- If your stake has been given a camp opening or camp closing assignment, ask your priesthood leader to help attain the required number of volunteers on your assigned day.
- Always get approval from your assigned Oakcrest registration committee member before allowing additional girls to register after registration date, and send information and checks as soon as you get them. Additions will be taken up until two weeks before camp if there is space available.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE OAKCREST:
- Invite the stake presidency and their wives, the bishops and their wives and the stake Young Women presidency to mutual night on Thursday (Wednesday for those stakes attending Week 4). Copy the Mutual Night information form and the map to Oakcrest and give them to all invited leaders.
- Remind the girls in your stake of their camp dates, time/place to meet (busing location), and what to bring. Emphasize that they need to be dressed appropriately (modest shirts, long pants, socks, closed-toed shoes) when they arrive at the busing location. Remind them that no snacks are to be eaten on the bus.
- Find female chaperones (18 years and older) to ride with the campers on the buses on Monday and Friday.
- Purchase duct tape in your stake color for each young woman to label their luggage by the Monday morning of camp. It would be a good idea to get the girls together before that morning to label their luggage. Make sure they follow the labeling directions found in the binder. Girls from another participating stake attending with your stake or girls from your stake attending with a different stake will use grey tape to label their luggage.
- Make sure your 2020 Projection Questionnaire is filled out and ready to turn in on busing day.
THE MORNING OF OAKCREST:
- Plan to be at the central busing location on Monday morning by 7:30 a.m. with your Stake Registration List (for your own reference), Oakcrest binder, cell phone, bus tickets, colored duct tape, Oakcrest Busing Form (found in your binder), and completed 2020 Projection Questionnaire. This form will be given to each stake on Registration Day.
- Meet your girls at your designated station to check them in, label any unlabeled items, and give them their bus tickets. Then direct them to their assigned bus. Girls from other stakes who are attending with your stake will pick up their bus tickets at the “Open Enrollment” table. Please do not bring treats to the busing location for your girls. This causes problems for girls with severe allergies.
- Once your chaperone(s) and your bus have arrived, direct your campers to load their luggage and get on their bus. Collect their bus tickets as they load the bus.
- After all your girls have checked-in or at 8:20 a.m., fill out the Oakcrest Busing Form and turn it in at the Open Enrollment/Registration table, along with your empty binder and completed 2020 Projection Questionnaire.
DURING AND AFTER OAKCREST:
- If you are a member of the stake Young Women presidency, go to Oakcrest on Thursday (or Wednesday for stakes attending Week 4) for Mutual night. Remind your bishops and stake presidency to do the same. The program for Mutual is under the direction of your stake.
- ￼ Help take care of any lost and found issues for your stake after Oakcrest, as needed.
- ￼ Celebrate! You made it through another great year.